Take Stock in Children, Walton County
2022-2023 Scholarship Window is Open!
Student in grades 6th – 9th are eligible to apply.
Walton Education Foundation is the Lead Agency for Take Stock in Children, Walton County (TSIC Walton). Each year Walton Education Foundation pledges funds to purchase 2-year Florida College Scholarships for deserving Walton County School District students. The program is matched by Florida Prepaid allowing our agency to optimize the number of scholarships available to our community. Through this program students are prepared for college success as they graduate high school and prepare to enter college.
TSIC Walton has opened its 2022 Scholarship and Mentoring Program Application Window for students in 6th – 9th grades.
Students and guardians can expect to report the following information when completing the TSIC application and must follow the guidelines and criteria below:
- Attend a Walton County middle or high school
- Be a student in the 7th, 8th, 9th grades
- Have a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Demonstrate financial need
- SHOW DETERMINATION TO SUCCEED!
Questions are expected. As you move through the application process, please do not hesitate to contact our program director, Amy Wells at email@example.com or Phone/Text at 850-391-6904.
About Take Stock in Children, Walton County
- TSIC Walton County has served students in its Take Stock in Children program since 1996.
- On average there are 30 students enrolled in our college scholarship program.
- At high school graduation, students receive access to their 2-year Florida College Scholarship (60 credit hours).
- On average we have 30 active student mentors enrolled in our program who actively mentor an average of 300 hours per school year.
- Our Walton County program is proud to have 33 students currently enrolled as college students.
Become a Mentor
A Take Stock in Children mentor commits to donating up to 1 hour per month (two 30-min sessions) during this school year to mentor in-person. Meeting topics may include helping a student set goals, or simply listen and provide encouragement.
Use the button to start the application process and reach out to our program director with questions at TSIC@waltonedfoundation.org.
About Take Stock in Children
Take Stock in Children, Inc. is a nonprofit mentoring, college success, and college scholarship organization dedicated to transforming Florida one student at a time. Working statewide throughout Florida, our mission is to break the cycle of poverty for low-income, underrepresented, academically qualified students by providing opportunities for degree attainment through postsecondary education. We provide wraparound services to students through an innovative multi-year model from middle through postsecondary completion.
Learn more at www.takestockinchildren.org.