Take Stock in Children, Walton County
Take Stock in Children, Walton is enrolling students in grades 6th – 9th in the Take Stock Scholarship & Mentor Program. Students and families must apply by September 18, 2023. Our program is accepting mentor applications. Please use the buttons below to get your application started!
TSIC Walton has opened its 2023-24 Scholarship and Mentoring Program Application Window for students in 6th – 9th grades.
Students and guardians can expect to report the following information when completing the TSIC application and must follow the guidelines and criteria below:
- Attend a Walton County middle or high school
- Be a student in the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th grades
- Have a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Demonstrate financial need
- SHOW DETERMINATION TO SUCCEED!
Become a Mentor
A Take Stock in Children mentor commits to donating up to 1 hour per month (two 30-min sessions) during this school year to mentor in-person. Meeting topics may include helping a student set goals, or simply listen and provide encouragement.
Use the button to start the application process and reach out to our program director with questions at TSIC@waltonedfoundation.org.
About Take Stock in Children, Walton County
Walton Education Foundation is the Lead Agency for Take Stock in Children, Walton County (TSIC Walton). Each year Walton Education Foundation pledges funds to purchase 2-year Florida College Scholarships for deserving Walton County School District students. The program is matched by Florida Prepaid allowing our agency to optimize the number of scholarships available to our community. Through this program students are prepared for college success as they graduate high school and prepare to enter college.
- TSIC Walton County has served students in its Take Stock in Children program since 1996.
- On average there are 30 students enrolled in our college scholarship program.
- At high school graduation, students receive access to their 2-year Florida College Scholarship (60 credit hours).
- On average we have 30 active student mentors enrolled in our program who actively mentor an average of 300 hours per school year.
- Our Walton County program is proud to have 33 students currently enrolled as college students.
About Take Stock in Children
Take Stock in Children, Inc. is a nonprofit mentoring, college success, and college scholarship organization dedicated to transforming Florida one student at a time. Working statewide throughout Florida, our mission is to break the cycle of poverty for low-income, underrepresented, academically qualified students by providing opportunities for degree attainment through postsecondary education. We provide wraparound services to students through an innovative multi-year model from middle through postsecondary completion.
Learn more at www.takestockinchildren.org.